The main mission of the Veterans Affairs Commission, Executive Yuan is to provide our veterans with education assistance, employment assistance, medical care, home-care and other general services. Under Executive Yuan’s policy guidance and VAC’s consecutive programming and yearly implementation over the years, it has developed into a comprehensive service system. It’s efficient and receives support from all veterans and their families. ROC veterans’ assistance is a regular and continuous work. It is one of the important government policy aspects. It affects national defense build-up, economic development, and social stability. VAC should cater to the specific tasks and actual demands incurred by the gradually changing veterans’ structure, and develop more feasible programs to practically and lastingly benefit veterans and their dependents. Its future policy will focus on:
1.Veterans’ schooling for the needed.
2.Veterans’ employment for the able-bodied.
3. Better medical quality, and holistic care:
(1) Strengthen professional education, improve manpower quality.
(2) Increase hospital facilities, improve service quality.
(3) Strictly control infection, prevent spreading diseases.
(4) Correspond with medical policy, provide holistic care.
(5) Develop geriatric medicine.
4. Improve veterans home-care facilities, improve services:
(1) Improve care functions of veterans homes , and expand scope of care.
(2) Enrich hardware and software in veterans homes, and improve living facilities.
5. Strengthen other veterans general services, and improve service quality.